Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Guilt Free Drinking

Moving back to the United States was not good for my waistline. It didn't help that the first three weeks of being back (in January) we were staying in a hotel and eating out nearly every meal. Bdubs, Panera Bread, Olive Garden, Coffee shops like EC's Acoustic Cafe-- I love them all! I just don't love what they do for my body. 


I've been trying to work out regularly and just make smarter food and drink choices. For the past month I've been trying to abide by a self-made rule: No Alcohol during the week! So far, I've been doing pretty good. Although I’ll confess that the week of 4th of July was a TOTAL failure.  Since then I've done much better. When a beer sounds good or I want to have a glass of wine while watching the Olympics after dinner, I try to think of the calories saved. My favorite beer-South Shore Nut Brown Ale- 200 calories. A glass of wine- around 100 calories. 

Inspired by a sangria recipe, I whipped up this drink to see if it would satisfy my taste buds. I was happy that it did! Soooooo refreshing!!!!!


I used a margarita pitcher I got as a wedding gift and rarely use to make the tea. Next I tied my tea bags to the stir stick so that they would be easy to take out. I only used 3 bags for this batch, but next time I will definitely use more. Once you add the ice and soda water the peach flavor is diluted a bit. I like how there's a reflection showing our backyard on the side of the pitcher. This drink just calls to be drunk outside! 



Virgin Peach Tea and Fruit Sangria

Peach Tea
* Use Pitcher of your choice
3-8- Peach Tea Bags to brew a pitcher of tea. 

Assembly
Put thyme, fruit, and ice in your glass first then add equal parts tea and soda
* I used a wine glass just to make it fun, but use whatever looks for you!
3 Sprigs of Thyme
1/2 C Mixed fresh fruit-(I used blueberries, raspberries, and grapes)
3-4 Ice Cubes
Soda Water



No comments:

Post a Comment