Monday, July 30, 2012

Menu Monday: 7/30-8/3

Menu Monday

Monday: Strawberry & Spinach Salad, Sweet Corn
Tuesday: Ginger Beef & Green Bean Stir-Fry
Wednesday: Black Bean Soup (leftovers from freezer)
Thursday: Chicken w/cashew Stir-Fry
Friday: (with Z,M, and H visiting from Iowa!!) Slow Cooker BBQ Pork, Corn, melon, lemon squares

Every Monday I hope to post the dinner menu that Greg and I will use to guide our dinner cooking for the following week. Greg and I have planned a menu for as long as I can remember. If you don’t menu plan, I encourage you to give it a try. Here’s what we usually do…it seems like a lot, but it's really not too bad...

o       Greg and I discuss what we want to eat
o       Greg and I discuss what we should eat
o       See what is in our fridge and freezer that we need to use up (I’ve been really trying to use things before they get bad and not to throw food away!)
o       Try to consider what things will have leftovers for lunches, what can freeze, etc.
o       Glance at the Friday/Saturday grocery ads to see what’s on sale, what’s in season
o       After we “research”--Choose and Record meals on our fridge whiteboard.
o       Gather recipes I need to use for the week
o       Go through them and make a grocery list (every week I seem to miss something!)
o       Consider what other food items we need for snacks, breakfasts, lunches.
o       Go grocery shopping at the store and/or farmer’s market

I’ll attempt to post recipes throughout the week for our dinners listed above. If they don’t make it on this week though, you’ll discover that Greg and I repeat favorite recipes quite often. Monday's Recipe is listed below, so simple, so good. Happy Eating!




Strawberry Spinach Salad


Salad
*Mix everything right before eating
1 Pound- Strawberries cut up
1/2 to 1 bag- Spinach (chopped), or fresh spinach (chopped) filling medium salad bowl (use however much you want!)
1 Cup- Pecans (chopped)
1/4 Cup- sunflower seeds
Sprinkle- of light feta cheese (optional)


Dressing
Store bought Creamy Poppy-seed Dressing- each is to their own, just put on table!
OR
Vinaigrette




I use my 2.5QT. Pyrex bowl for this salad. Everything is ready to go before I head to the Y for my "Just Pump" class. When I get home I'll combine everything, get the corn going and it will be ready in less than 15 minutes. 

Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment