Are you at home for a weekend and want to make a yummy snack? You should make apple chips. So delicious and healthy. So easy.
You'll find yourself saying, "Hey, I just ate a whole bag of apples!" It makes you feel a lot less guilty than saying, "Hey, I just ate a whole bag of potato chips!"
*I've tried this with granny smith and gala apples. I bet any variety would be great.
*You can bake them for less time, they are just more chewy.
- Apples (how many your little heart desires, I usually use a bag)
1) Cut apples, discard any seeds
2) On parchment covered baking sheets, lay out apples
3) Sprinkle both sides of the apple with cinnamon
4) Put in oven at 275° for two hours. Flip apples half way through.
5) Cool on rack or paper towel. Store in a tight container.
A perfect afternoon snack, or breakfast!
Making apple chips make your house smell like fall! Enjoy!