Monday, August 20, 2012



Menu Monday

Monday: Chicken, Potato, Leek Pot Pie


Wednesday:  Rice Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce

Thursday:  Northwoods Elementary Potluck! Applesauce/Fruit Jello Salad

Friday: Grill Out!

Saturday:  Being a Host Friend to Cassandra from Malaysia which means something vegetarian!

Do you ever feel like you deserve to pat yourself on the back? Well on Saturday I did and I'll tell you why. I love going to the EC's Downtown Farmer's Market, but we usually go before we plan our menu for the week. That means we pick up a few things here and there, but pass by so many beautiful looking veggies because we don't want to buy things we won't use.  After menu planning later that day or Sunday, then heading to store on Sunday or Monday, I feel bad about buying the same veggies from the produce department that I could have got from local farmers. Have you been there too?  This week though I sat down, decided on the above menu, looked at the recipes, then went to the market with list in hand. Look at what I got. I encourage you to do it for yourself! When you do, pat yourself on the back! Or buy yourself flowers...

$5 Bouquet of Flowers? Don't mind if I do!

My Loot (L to R): 2 Pints Blueberries (farmer said it was the last Saturday they were going to be there, so I got 2 instead of 1), Leeks, Cilantro, green beans, carrots, green peppers, green onions, salsa, red onions and broccoli. 


Here's my plan to have to use it all!
Blueberries: For snacking, Blueberry Bran Muffins for breakfasts this week and to freeze! 
Salsa: Snacking, Cook-Out on Friday



Carrots: Pot Pie and Noodle Stir-fry, tops for salad mix
Red Onion: Pot Pie, Salads, Stir-fry
Broccoli: Stir-fry
Leeks: Pot Pie
Green Onion: Pot Pie, Stir-Fry (tops for garnish, onion for stir-fry)



Green Beans: Pot Pie, Stir-Fry and Snacking!



Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment